Thursday, September 16, 2010

Making our house a home!

Psst. It's Janaya :)


So Thursdays are my day off of everything. No School. No work. And usually I still fill my day with stuff related to one of the two but I decided I needed a break! 

Inspired by a blog I've become addicted to (www.younghouselove.com) I decided to fix up my house! It is definitely still a work in progress but this is what I did today:

The first frame is an Ace of clubs card. The A is for Andrew. I used the playing card because he's such a big fan of poker. The &.  Then J (can you guess what that's for?)!

They hang over our bed like this. I think they look kind of far apart right now but I'm hoping once we upgrade to a king it will look better. Also my bed is not usually that messy. I was standing on it to hang the frames and Lucy was jumping around me like a crazy person while i was doing it.
This is the bed frame I LOVE! And hope to get in the near future (how long until christmas?!?)

These are my new bathroom curtains. I think I'm going to go back and get sheer white ones to go between the blue.
I also hung the gorgeous sunflower picture Carol gave to me in the bathroom!


Then I hung a curtain over the kitchen sink. It used to have those ugly plastic blinds.
And now our kitchen will have a lot more light in it!

Here are some cute mason jars I got ON SALE at target! :) I also bought 97 cent ribbon at walmart to tie around them!
This is our new puppy gate. Lucy was getting in to too much trouble upstairs while we are gone during the day so this helps condense the mess when we get home!



This is Lucy stuck behind the gate.

And my final purchase for the day! I found this cute basket to hold all of Lucy's toys!
She already doesn't like it! Once I picked up the toys and took a picture, she proceeded to remove every toy from the basket. Oh Lucy!

1 comment:

  1. Janaya, Nice post and nice additions to your home.

    I had a great time with you at brunch and then later at dinner on Sunday. So... after joining me at the Corvette Club brunch and learning more about what we talk about.... am I a square nut, a round nut, or a wing nut?

    ReplyDelete