Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Great Day in Flagstaff

Just making a quick post (my first from Joe Hitzel, #4).

I was at a board meeting and annual convention with the Arizona Builder's Alliance up in Prescott last Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday. The convention was suppose to end Saturday at 11:00. I left early ~9:30 so that I could have lunch with Joey and Michael, before Joey had to be at work.  So I drove from Prescott to Flagstaff on a lot of twisty, turning roads, doing a lot of acceleration, shifting and braking on one of Arizona's prettiest state highways. Did I say that I drove the yellow Corvette? It was a fun drive. Sorry, no one took any pictures.

We had lunch at Granny's Closet. Talking at lunch, we had a bunch of hours to burn before dinner as I had planned on being up at Joey's restaurant for dinner. I suggested to Michael that maybe we could go mountain biking if we could find another bike. Joey jumped in and offered to call Brian, his boss and asked to borrow his mountain bike. Joey's helped pick up the bike and then we dropped him off to get to work.

Michael and I drove to the foot of the mountain and from there we road up hill. We road up hill for about two plus hours stopping intermittently before reaching an overlook with a great view. We road uphill 5.75 miles, averaging only 6.32 MPH. We reached a shoulder over looking Flagstaff, sat and drank some water, took some picture, rested and texted back and forth with Pam and then bombed our way back down the hill. Michael will have to comment on the down hill stats as I did not record them. Here are some pictures. We will have to do this again, going higher.



After the bike ride, we had dinner at Black Bart's. All that riding, worked up a good appetite. Here is a picture of Joey's slicing a few mushrooms for my buffalo burger. Dinner was great and it was terriffic to spend the day with the boys.



Until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, It's Michael! It was a terrific day! And both meals were delicious!

    One the downhill, we reached 20+ mph. It took us 20-25 min down with and average speed of 14 mph! It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I really thought that was Joey in the yellow shirt! Wow, you two look alike! It was great talking with you yesterday. Have a good one. xo Pam

    ReplyDelete