Monday, September 6, 2010

Janaya's Labor Day Weekend!

I'll start by saying that my labor day was not exciting enough that a ! mark was deserved in the title but I figured my first blog entry would be more appealing this way :)

I worked friday night at TXRH and to say it was slow is a major understatement. Luckily they let us cut the server on the tables in the bar area and we got to work both the bar top and the tables so the money ended up being ok. 

Saturday was my day off and I filled up my social calendar. I started by going to lunch with Andrew's mom and his sisters, Catrina and Sabrina. One of the best parts is we got to go to Kona Grill for sushi! A rare treat for me because Andrew won't even walk past a sushi restaurant. Sabrina (Andrew's youngest sister) is dating a man in the military (par for the course in his family) and the guy is off training somewhere but she recently moved out of her dad's house and in with this guys sister. Quite a shock to all of us. Andrew's mom was giving her a playfully hard time about it when she says "Why would you wanna hang out with your boyfriends family?!?" I looked around and realized I was hanging out with my boyfriends family! Once i pointed this out to them everyone laughed. 

After a little shopping at the mall nearby I left and ran to target because in the evening I was going to my girlfriend Stacey Hollis's birthday party/labor day bbq and needed a present for her. Now gift giving used to be the hardest thing ever. Trying to figure out a suitable gift for a person that looks like you put in effort without actually putting in effort. Now that all of my friends are 21 it is the easiest thing EVER! BOOOOOZZZZEEE!! :) haha You can't get much better than $8 wine at target. So I bought Stacey a few bottles of wine and then headed to the gift bag section. I'll start by telling you that Stacey is the BIGGEST disney fan you will ever meet. I must attract these kind of people because my roommate Kiera is all so the BIGGEST disney fan you will ever meet. The two of them have a very fierce "Seen it -the disney version" competition planned. So I bought a disney princes gift bag. 

Not until I got home did I realize how inappropriate it is that I'm giving someone wine in a disney princess bag.

Today (Monday) I had the afternoon off and Andrew and I went to Giant hamburger for lunch! They have the best burgers and milkshakes around! I also bought a puppy gate to keep lucy out of the upstairs while we are gone. She has gotten in a lot of trouble recently. And the bigger she gets the higher I have to put things to keep them out of her reach. She is becoming quite the spoiled brat ad hellion. We also have had brewski all weekend since my dad took my grandparents up to the cabin. They have had so much fun playing. Here are a couple pictures of them:

This is lucy looking like a vampire dog while wrestling with brewski

They look so innocent. Trust me they aren't.

Brewski blinked.

No comments:

Post a Comment