Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I think i have a problem...

I can't stop decorating!!!

And except for a few pieces and the daunting bed dilema, I'm almost done. :)

I moved my desk around so that Andrew and I could each have our own side. It takes up a bit more room but it also makes me feel like I have my own space to work at when I need and Andrew and I are cramped sitting next to each other. I may talk to  my dad about sawing off six inches or so on the end to make it the perfect length, but i'm not sure yet. I'll see how it functions for a while and then decide...


I am still looking at chairs to put on my side of the desk so I'm using one from our dining room table. If i get time on Thursday I'm going to move my painting up about a foot so that it isn't covered by my lamp.

Speaking of! I got a new lamp! I've been trying to choose colors in my room based off of the ones in the painting and I love the greens so I have been looking everywhere for a green lamp and I found this one today at TJ MAXX home goods. I have never been there before but a girlfriend suggested it. I think it is one of those places with lots of crap and a few hidden treasures (like my lamp). Here's a closer picture of the lamp and my painting:
Don't you think the greens match well?

I'm sure alice is thinking "boy her desk is messy!"Well that's because I have no storage space right now. I found a perfect leaning ladder bookshelf from target but they are out in the store and it is twenty bucks more online so i'm waiting till customer service opens tomorrow morning to call. It's a dark chocolate brown which I like but am also nervous about because it'll be right next to my oak frame. I know they are both neutrals but does that matter? IDK... We'll see when it comes.

I also bought new curtains and bamboo shades for my window! I can't tell you what a difference they make. It really lightened up the room and made it feel a lot bigger.

I bought a similar pair in a dark walnut brown to hang in my bathroom but haven't figured out how to put them up yet since the window is over the tub and i can't fit a barstool in there to stand on...

Now all i need is my beautiful new bed.... ah!

On another note, Lucy is getting SO BIG!!!

Here she is standing on Andrew:

And here she is making a Brewski face:

And she was getting VERY jealous of the time I've spent on my computer looking at interior design sites and decided she wanted to look too:
Yes she is sitting on my lap.

Well that's what i have been up to. Nothing special but I thought I would update you.

xoxo
Janaya

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Martha Stewart, oh... and by the way, who are you referring to as "Alice". Alice has returned home and shouldn't have a concern in the world about your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is looking great! And Lucy is getting huge! Hope everything is going well Jaya!

    ReplyDelete