Friday, November 19, 2010

A Great Day, plus a few pics from crew

Hi Everyone,

I've been keeping a list of questions that I would like to ask Martha.  Some of them are silly, but some of them are more serious.  A silly question is, how old was Salem when you started letting her go outside. Today's more serious question was, will I ever be able to feel happiness.  After I typed this question, I put on my boots and went out to work in the yard.  Fall yard work in NJ can be all consuming; mind, body and spirit.  Well, I got the answer to my question.  I can't explain it in words, but I think the pictures do the trick.  Scroll through them slowly, because they are beautiful in so many ways. 























I worked in our yard and felt the presence of peacefulness.  Martha and I would spend many a fall day building elaborate leaf houses.  We would have circles for each room and a narrow pathway for the halls.  We had a kitchen, living room, and bedrooms.  It was very imaginative.  Today my mind was blank for most of the day, using the blower or running the tractor.  Once in a while my mind would slip back to our childhood memories, but the memories brought me nothing, but joy. 

The picture of the skinny tree is the tree that I had planted in our backyard in Martha's honor.  At the end of the day I stopped to notice all of the leaves have fallen off, except the few at the very top.  Maybe they were guiding my eyes to the sky for a reason. 

Mary is all dressed up for a dinner/dance.  She is so pretty and so sweet.  We enjoyed a nice time getting her ready. 

I hope you enjoy the pics of Brian doing crew.  Last time I was told that you couldn't see him in the pics, I hope these are better. 

You may wonder why Connor is wearing a Tulane jersey.  Well, today he was accepted to Jim's alma mater.  Connor is four for four.  He is so happy and Jim is even happier.  We will see what happens.  Jim's first question was "Did they offer him any money?"  Not yet, so we will see. 

So as I enjoy my glass of wine, I realize that I got the answer to my question.  I had a great day.  For the first time, I realize what Martha meant when she said, "You will always find me in your heart."  Today I did and it was wonderful.

Love you all,
Pam



3 comments:

  1. So glad you are finding some peace, Pam.

    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam! Glad you doing better! I can't wait to see you again. A couple months seems long when you lived here for 18 months. Miss You! The pictures are great!

    I'm kinda glad i don't live back east though, there is the same exact yard picture 3 months ago, except it's with green leaves instead of dead fall leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Everyone,
    I just noticed your blog on Sheila's blog and I of course went back and read every word. I think of you all often and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It's great that you are doing this so we can all keep up with you. It sounds like you are all keeping very busy. Thanks for doing this.
    Love & hugs,
    Nancy Proffitt

    ReplyDelete